Monday, October 13, 2008

Frog Finds Way to California

That's right, after a long, tough, sometimes hot, certainly sometimes frightening trip across the center of the continent, TF is surfing the fine waves of Central California. Unfortunately, while his new hosts do take a plethora of pictures, TF has been quite busy leaping from here to there, so he doesn't always make it into the photos, but his hosts are growing wise and have captured him now and again.

Here he is taking in the stats on the Texas/Oklahoma state line. He liked Texas with all its mosquitos.


I needed a little holding after we hit that VULTURE! Couldn't the driver have leaped over it or something? You shoulda seen the windshield after it was over. SHEESH!


Seeing the sites in Chaco Canyon, Chaco Culture National Historic Monument, New Mexico. My hostesses took a 5 mile hike, but I refused to join them. What are you KIDDING? Five miles through a DESERT!? Not on THIS frog's life! Still, I found some ruins not far from my water source.


Next up? Who knows? My hosts traveled 9,611 miles, the last 1000 or so with me. So they swear they're staying home for awhile. Yeah...we'll see about that!

Best,
Jen in Orcutt, CA


Dear Traveling Mate Jen!
That vulture was very frightening! I am glad that I was in a vehicle with sides for that expierence! Staying home for a bit sounds great, but I guess I will see what you mean when you say "stay home."
Thanks for letting me tag along.
Mr. T.F.

2 comments:

JenPB said...

OH! I feel so honored that you've selected TF's shot from Chaco Canyon for his new profile picture! :)

Traveling Frog said...

Well it is a very nice picture of myself! Though I must say that the one you took at Lake Lopez is very nice too. I will have to use it in a few months.